Wooden BCN Tug Progress
Built in 1936 by Peter Keay and Son, Walsall
Built for W Elwell and Sons and was also operated in later years by Leonard Leigh and Jimmy Yates. Progress was converted to a hire boat by Jimmy Yates in 1958 and renamed Pintail. The present Fowler 2DYM diesel engine (1944) was first installed in Progress in 1958.
Progress was fully restored between 1997 and 2000 by Jem Bates and myself. The cabin has been reconstructed and fitted out in reclaimed oak retaining some of the original frames.